What is Destiny ? A check in the dictionary came up with 3 basic answers :
1. something that is to happen or has happened to a particular person or thing; lot or fortune.
2. the predetermined, usually inevitable or irresistible, course of events.
3. the power or agency that determines the course of events.
So, can we create our own Destiny ? Or is there “predetermined” ?
Different religion will tell you different answers, but I will not be going into that. Here I just want to give my 2 cents worth of personal thoughts.
I believed that we all can create our own destiny, or simply put it try “creating” our own path. Everyone came to this life-time under different circumstances – our families, individual character / personality, intelligence (EO & IQ) then our up-bringing, our life experiences. Some of it can’t be changed while some of it can be altered during our course through it. The key point is that from the day that we start to “know” things on how the world works, we need to put in conscious effort to do good and strive for our dreams. This effort and perseverance could form the basic fundamentals of our future – DESTINY. It may or may not work out the way we wanted to be at the end but if we do not strive for what we want to achieve, to be who we want to be and to reach out for dreams that we hope to have, then I guessed you can say that your Destiny is predetermined, inevitable or irresistible, course of events. In summary –
1. Plan a Preferred Future
2. Decide Who you want to be
3. Use whatever resources that you may have in the best way
4. Don’t settle for anything less or short-change yourself
5. Ignore all the sceptic or Naysayer
Watch below a light hearted short animation film by Mr Fabien Weibel :
“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Have a great weekend ahead everyone !
Video credits – Fabien Weibel (https://www.facebook.com/barababor)